Saturday, November 24, 2012

Scroll Saw Nativity with pattern!


 I have had multiple requests for a scroll saw Nativity, so I thought I would give it a go! I love how it turned out!
 Originally, I was going to paint everything, but I really like the earthy and natural way it looks, so I decided to leave it.

 I even thought about adding animals, and shepherds, but I like the simplicity of just Mary, Joseph, and Jesus.
 Here's a view from the back.

I made the sides of the manger taper in, by adjusting the table on my scroll saw to 25% to create an angled cut. 

For the inside of the manger, I just drilled out a bunch of holes. I know it's a little sloppy, but it is covered by Baby Jesus, who is just made by gluing two small balls together. I don't know what size the balls are, because I just found them in my wood supplies.

 Here are my patterns. If you want to change the size of your tree, just do it in the middle of the trunk.

 The cave/stable is easy to cut, and you could really eyeball it.

The piece I used for the bottom was too big to provide a pattern for you. I just used a piece of 1 x 10 common board (pine). 

 

I didn't nail or glue the trees together, because I thought it would be better if it could be taken apart for storage, or as a toy for a child to put together and take apart.

I hope you enjoy this pattern. I know I did!

For more scroll saw inspirations and patterns, please click "scroll saw," on the labels below.

Have a Happy and Creative Day!

Risa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is awesome! I'll have to show it to my husband. I'm scared of the scroll saw :)

Brad Kami and kids said...

Risa- so cute - I am amazed that you can free hand these patterns! They are really neat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...