Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIZARD OF OZ party, part 2 - The Decor (Characters)

Why a Wizard of Oz party?

When I was in Ben Franklin this summer, I saw the MOST DARLING paper. I didn't even know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I had to have it. So, I bought it, and figured the only way I would get to use it, was if I planned a Wizard of Oz party based on the paper. The paper line is called, "The Magic of Oz," and it is by, Graphic's 45. This is the first page I saw. I was immediately drawn to it, and had to have it.


You can see the whole line HERE. It is beautiful!

As I mentioned in the post about the invitation, I asked each guest to bring a food item to share in a category:

1) Dorothy, Tin man, Lion, Scarecrow
2) Munchkin Land
3) Emerald City
4) Good & Bad Witches

I pushed my furniture out of the way, and had tables stationed in different rooms on my main floor. This is the first table you saw when you walked in. This table was in my living room.

Thanks to Candy and Christine for setting this table up!

I found a canvas at Saver's for $4. I projected the silhouette from the invitations onto the canvas, and painted it with black craft paint. I love it, and plan to keep it and pull it out for Halloween every year.

I have to thank my friend Kami for her help with this table. She got the shoes, and the table cloth for me at DI, and loaned me the poppies. I am so lucky to have such great friends. Thanks again Kami!

The shoes are so perfect, and almost fit my daughter, who was very excited about them!

The paper is from the line that started it all.

Up next... Munchkin land. It was so colorful and fun! Please come back to see.

You might also like:

Wizard Of Oz party, Part 1 - The Invitation

Have a Happy and Creative Day!

Risa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continually amaze me!!

Risa, any hints on setting a table scape for Thanksgiving??? As well as everyday use??? YOU ARE THE QUEEN of pretty tables...any ideas, tips, hints, where do you buy? what to buy?? A tutorial of sorts would be a true gift. Unless of course you hire out. :)

Samantha said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! If I had a little girl you better bet there would be a Wizard of Oz themed birthday party happening. Very cute!

Brad Kami and kids said...

This was the party of all parties! simplyjen is right-- Risa IS the Queen of Pretty Tables... just wait until you see the others! (I LOVED the good witch / bad witch!)

Unknown said...

I have been eyeing that paper at Ben Franklin for a while, but I won't let myself buy it because I don't have a plan for it and my paper hoard has out grown its box.
It was the perfect touch at your party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...