Friday, November 4, 2011

Vintage LITTLE PEOPLE 3D wall art


I couple posts ago, I wrote about a few things I found at the local thrift store, DI, but wasn't able to finish. You can see the post HERE. Well... I finished one of them today, and it turned out SO cute, I want to squeal...EEEEEEE!

I have mentioned before, we are finishing our basement, and most of the toys are in the garage. I decided to get out to the garage, and get the Little People farm set for my baby today. I brought the whole bin of people in. (I had an obsession with them when my other kids were babies, and own pretty much every set.) So... yes, we have a whole bin just for the characters. Well, I looked through that bin 4 times in the garage a few weeks ago, looking for the vintage circus animals, that were my husband's when he was little. No luck. The kids tried to tell me I gave them away, and I knew I never would have. When I went through the bin, I found the circus animals.

I. WAS. SO. EXCITED!!!

I ran right upstairs, and got this lovely frame I bought at the DI a few weeks ago for $5. I broke the glass out, used the same mat that was already there, and turned the picture around.


I then hooked the animals on with command strips - didn't really work very well, so I moved on to large, super strength glue dots. They worked perfectly!

I attached new hooks on the back, and hung it right away!

Aren't these animals just SO DARLING?!?
They don't make them like that anymore.


The view from below, shows my husband's initial on the belly of the elephant. So sweet!


The giraffe and monkey are both missing their tails, but I don't mind, and think it adds to the character.


Thank you to my sweet mother-in-law, Margaret for saving these cute animals.

Have a Happy and Creative Day!

Risa

linking:

For the Kids Friday


11 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute idea. Goood job, looks so cute :)

Wendy said...

So darling!

Unknown said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Really Cute!

The Copes said...

You're one of the people I wish I could channel when I go thrift shopping ~ as I'd never be able to envision something as darling as this unless all the parts are right smack in front of me at the same time. Well done! I love it.

kim west said...

featured this today at my blog! it's so great!
www.kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Love the 3d animal art! super creative and awesome use of them!

Brad Kami and kids said...

So sweet and darling! Love the initial on the elephant... cute Risa!

Indiri Wood said...

I saw this over at Tatertots and Jello today. So cute! I have those in a bucket of toys the kids no longer play with and I'm sure they'd love this so they can enjoy them in a new way.

Rachel Sue said...

This is such a cute idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

Margo said...

Love, Love, Love this idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...