Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cowboy Party Games & Presents!

Each kid got a pouch to wear around their neck, to put their dried off gold in. It had a list of what they were going to do.


This is how the other side of the yard looked before the party started



As soon as the kids arrived, they got suited up, and ran around chasing each other with their guns. It was a great pass-time while waiting for everyone to arrive. They were SO cute!



Serious Cowboys and Cowgirls!



GIDDY UP!

The real surprise of the day, was when COWBOY CLINT arrived with his horse!!! The kids were SO EXCITED to see a real cowboy!!! They got to pet and feed the horse.

Cowboy Clint told the kids that good cowboys and cowgirls always mind their parents! I hope it sunk in :)





So excited after getting to pet and feed the horse!!!

Cowboy Clint is a family friend. He reminded my mom that she made him a pair of chaps and a vest when he was little, and that's what started it all!!! My mom also made the chaps Bubby is wearing for one of my little brothers! Again... thanks mom! Thanks Clint!


Cowboy Clint showed the kids the horse shoe, and explained how horses have an extra "heart" that helps pump blood up the legs. I never knew that!


The little buckaroos were intrigued, and so was I!


Bubby felt extra special getting to ride the horse.

Thank you COWBOY CLINT!!!
You're the BEST!!!

The kids will NEVER forget that a REAL COWBOY came to the party!
You made Bubby's whole day!



On to the games...


RATTLE SKEDADDLE!!!

The kids got to take turns tossing a snake into a bucket. Everyone liked it more than I thought. Even the girls ;)







BRONCO BUSTER!!!

The kids got to take turns lassoing the horse! It was just too cute!







NUGGET FEVER

Panning for gold was the hit of the day, as far as the games went! The kids LOVED it. We had about 15 minutes after we finished everything up, for the kids to play before their parents came to pick them up, and most of them chose to pan for gold. My son keeps asking when we can go to California to look for gold!!! How cute :)







PRESENT TIME!!!

They all ran to get their presents! I love how cute kids are, and how they get so excited to give gifts to each other.


They sat around the campfire to open presents, while listening to, "Sweet Home Alabama," in the background.


It was a fun day for everyone!!!


16 comments:

Bethany said...

What a fun party!! I love the gold hunt-how cute! Happy Birthday to Conrad!!! We love you!!!

Brad Kami and kids said...

love that last picture of the two cowboys... fun party! Lizzy also LOVED Cowboy Clint (she's still talking about how she got to meet a REAL cowboy!)

Brooke said...

Do you ever sleep??? You amaze me! That looked so cute and so creative! How fun, I'm glad it all worked out great, you put a lot of time into that. Very cute ideas!!

Unknown said...

Ho.ly.cow. This is so incredibly cute. Honestly. How fun!!! And a LIVE PONY??? You can't beat that!!! You must have been voted the coolest mom on the block, for sure.
The games were so cute and creative - I loved it! What a good idea...

I wish my little ones' birthdays' weren't in December... it's way too cold to have fun outside.

Two thumbs up!

anne maskell said...

what an awesome party! you are the best mom ever!! I found you at the weekend wrap up party.

The Fab Four said...

I found your blog while I was looking up ideas for my daughters cowgirl theme party and I LOVE what you did! Great ideas! (looks like you live in the same area as we do) :)

Unknown said...

stumbled on your post, how adorable!?! I love all the activities you had! Lassoing and the nugget fever were my favs! I bet the kids felt like they were real cowboys!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

BLJ Graves Studio said...

This is such a cute idea. I wish I had thought of this when my guy was litte. So fun!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome party! I love all of the games you had!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Fabulous post and amazing party ideas (visiting via Tatertots).

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I gave you an award. I loved your posts about the cowboy party.

http://letsgoflyakiteuptothehighestheight.blogspot.com/2010/05/thank-you-to-academy.html

Anonymous said...

Howdy Partner! What great ideas makes me wish my son (18) was little again. I'll save your ideas for friends. I loved the panning for gold. Thanks, Bridget

Anj said...

Seriously, what an awesome party! I love it all! You pay attention to every little detail! WELL DONE!!!!

Unknown said...

What a great party! The real cowboy was the perfect touch.

Ledingham Paper & Party said...

Looks amazing. This cowboy party game would be great http://ledingham.net.au/shop/kids-parties-kids-party-stationery/cowboy-party-theme/pin-the-feather-on-the-cowboy-printable-party-game.html

Anonymous said...

What did you use as the gold in the game?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...