Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Table with Russian Dolls!


This table is like the spring weather... warm and cold all at the same time. Let me start with my most favorite set of dishes. My mom got these for me for my birthday in December. I had intended to use them just for Christmastime, but when it came time to take them down... I couldn't do it! So, I left the plates on a plate rack in my kitchen, and left the salt and pepper shakers on my stove top. They still make me happy, happy, happy every time I look at them!


Hum... I wonder if I hold the record for the most pictures of my salt and pepper shakers in one blog entry. Well, it's my blog, I can do what I want - right?




I was looking at a blog the other day, and saw a blog where the lady always uses the glass apothecary's, and I thought to myself, "I think I need one of those." Well, I went to DI today, and what happened to be sitting there with a $2 sticker? This cute glass apothecary! I tell you, the DI will give you what you are looking for if you put it out there in the universe :)



Now, on to the second part of this post:

When I saw this blog entry on one of my very favorite blogs, Tater tots and Jello, I thought to myself... "Why couldn't I have thought of that???" She had the most darling, happy table runner, tutorial that she posted. So I talked to a few of my sewing friends, and we knew we each HAD to have one. We got together the other night, and had fun making them. You can find a link to the tutorial here.





I just bought burlap, and 15 different 1/8-of-a-yard strips of fabric, rickrack, cotton backing, and quilt binding.


Didn't it turn out SOOOO cute! I love it! Thanks for the great idea Tater tots and Jello!



By the way... we each went to a particular fabric store at different times, and happened to get the same lady to help us with the cutting, and by the time the third one of us got the same measurements cut, she knew exactly why. She even wrote down the name of the blog so she could check it out!




And now back to the dishes! I couldn't not post pictures of each one. They are all hand painted, and SO DARLING!


Hum... maybe I should give each of them a good Russian name...


Katia

Anya



Irina



Sasha

My kitchen BFF's ;)

13 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! I love your version. It turned out great! I am going to post about it.


XOOX
Jen

kim said...

this is adorable, love the colors, the ruffles, everything! and those plates are awesome!

kris said...

your's turned out sooo cute! Your table looks amazing, good job!

Wendy said...

Where did your mom get the darling dishes? Remember Jonathan went to Russia for his mission...I'd love to get them some of these. Of course, your table looks fabulous!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your Russian doll dishes are just fabulous. The matching dolls are perfeect and I love that you put them under a cloche. Perfect. The table runner is just awesome. What a fun and vibrant and wonderful piece. Everything is so beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

This is just adorable! Those dolls are so sweet and the plates are precious. That runner looks perfect with all of it ruffles and bright, cheery colors. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your precious dishes! I have a collection of these little Russian dolls and just did a post about them a few days ago! Love those little s & ps too! Your table runner is adorable!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Charm of Home said...

I love your Russian dolls and I especially love your tablerunner. It is so cheerful.

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there,

My oh my, you ahve created such an innovative, sweet and attractive tablescape vignette with your Russivan dolls,; the table runner is just favbulous a well!

This is my third week particpating with Marty's, Tabletop Tuesday'; and I'm so enjoying seeing what very creative people, such have yourself, have also created!

Please do also pop by for a visit and seem my little blue and white tabletop vignette, with a fun, whimsical, surprise element as well!..,


Have a marvelous remainder of the week!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

Atticmag said...

So colorful. I really enjoyed stopping by. Jane F.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your colors are so bright and cheerful. You just have to be happy when you are in a room like that. Those tiny dolls add the perfect touch of whimsy!

doodles said...

Are there any marks on the backs/bottom of the plate and salt and pepper? My mother's birthday is coming up and she would LOVE LOVE LOVE those.
Thanks!

Wendy in Pittsburgh

restlessrisa said...

I got the doll plates and shakers from World Market in December. They were part of their Christmas line, and I have not seen any more since then, but I will keep my eyes open :)

<3

Risa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...