Saturday, April 10, 2010

GIGANTIC marshmallow on a stick!


Sophia wanted to give out something with a picture of her on it for her baptism luncheon, and this is what I came up with... GIGANTIC marshmallows on a stick with almond bark, sprinkles and tulle. My mom and I made them yesterday, and I think they turned out SO CUTE!!!




Seriously... what adult, or child wouldn't want one of these :)

How darling!?!

If you want to do this, you will need gigantic marshmallows. I found these in Salt Lake City at a Mexican Market. I didn't write down the name, but it is on 33rd South, just above state street, on the south side of the street, across from the movie theater.



They are so huge... I wonder how they are roasted by a campfire? They are $3.99 a bag. You get 30 in a bag. They are about half and half white to pink. I bought two bags, and made 30 sticks.

You also need wooden dowels. I forgot to take a picture, but mine are about 12 inches long, and they are from Wal-mart. Sucker sticks do not work. They are too short.



I just used crystal white sprinkles from Wal-mart. You could do all sorts of sprinkles, or nuts, or coconut. Put the sprinkles in a bowl, and use a spoon to sprinkle the sprinkles over the wet chocolate.



Almond bark. Melt in the microwave. You could add food coloring if you like. I just wanted white.

You can use all sorts of kitchen tools to apply the color. Below is the end of a wooden spoon, used to make polka-dots.





Egg strainer to make big polka-dots.



Paint brush for patterns.



Mini cheese graters for rectangles.



The side of a fork for making straight lines.



Cookie cutter for shapes. If I had known I was going to use cookie cutters, I would have bought a flower or some additional shapes.



End of a wooden spoon for dots.



Here is how they looked without the embellishments.




Finished product... SO CUTE!!!



Fun memory for a special day :)

17 comments:

Sherri said...

You inspire to at least TRY! You are so creative! Thank you for sharing your talents! I link to you on my blog!

Debbie said...

Risa, Love your blog, but the text color is a little hard to read. Could you make it just a smidge darker? YOu have such fun Ideas. Can I be one of your kids for a week? :)

restlessrisa said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed the color. Hope that helps :)

Mama Mia said...

Love it Risa....they look like roses!!!

finnwildon said...

Beautiful! I love them little Miss Craft Queen!

Brad Kami and kids said...

Such a cute idea... you (and that creative brain of yours) never cease to amaze me! How darling is this take home favor?!

Elizabeth Larson said...

Risa! You are so amazing! I never would have thought to do anything like this. This is why you are so amazing! What a special day this must have been for you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and ideas!! LOVE your blog!

Brooke said...

Love these. I want one :) They looks so beautiful AND delicious!

Unknown said...

SO SO SO SO SO ADORABLE, and "SWEET" looking, just love it! GREAT JOB MOM! JGG

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! Thanks so very much for sharing! I came over from the blog hop and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you would choose to do the same!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Did you use some kind of ribbon or tulle for the bows?

restlessrisa said...

Thanks for the question... I used tulle :)

Ramona said...

soooo cute and girly. ive tried cake pops twice now and just can't get it down. will be trying these next time!
new follower :) ramona from http://bubbiandboo.blogspot.com

sonias said...

fabulous! truly inspired!

sonias said...

fabulous! truly inspired

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can you share how did you tie the tulle around the stick? Thank you.

restlessrisa said...

Hello, I just used shiny tulle, and tied a bow. I can't remember, but I think I may have cut the loops of the bow. I am thinking I didn't cut them though. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...